Soft and chewy chocolate brownies made with coconut oil.
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) coconut oil, melted*
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add coconut oil, sugar and vanilla and mix briefly.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs and whisk with a fork for approximately 30 seconds or until combined.
- Add eggs to sugar mixture, along with cocoa powder, flour and chocolate chips. Gently mix with a spoon or spatula to combine. Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake for approximately 28-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool slightly before removing from pan.
*Coconut oil: Make sure your coconut oil is melted. You can just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds to melt.
If you’re looking for a vegan recipe, try my Vegan Brownies.