Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
An easy Coconut Jam Slice made from scratch.
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) icing sugar or powdered sugar
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 75 grams (3/4 cup) desiccated coconut
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
Jam coconut topping
- 135 grams (1/2 cup) good quality raspberry jam
- 1 large egg
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang (this will make it easier to remove the slice later).
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, flour and coconut. Whisk to combine. Add melted butter and stir until moist. Mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Place mixture into baking pan and press down to form one even layer. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crust is slightly golden on the edges. Remove from oven.
- While the base is still warm, spread over jam to form one even layer. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add egg, sugar and vanilla. Give it a good whisk for 30 seconds or so until combined. Stir through shredded coconut.
- Spread this coconut meringue mixture over the jam. Spread out to form one layer – don’t worry too much if it’s a bit patchy here and there. Place bake in the oven for another 10-14 minutes or until topping turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave in pan to cool completely. Cut into small slices and serve fresh.
Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 190
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: SlicesCuisine: Australian