Chunky chocolate cookies stuffed with pieces of peanut butter.
Peanut butter chunks
- 30 grams (1 and 1/2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (3/4 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 100 grams (2/3) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add butter, peanut butter and icing sugar and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Transfer peanut butter mix to a small plate and flatten into 1/2 inch thick slab using your hands – no need to be exact. Place in the freezer for at least one hour.
- Next, make chocolate cookie dough. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until smooth.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and baking soda into the mixture, and stir until combined and forms a chocolate dough. Add chocolate chunks.
- Remove peanut butter from the freezer. Roughly chop into 1 inch cubes.
- Grab approximately 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough and, using your hands, combine with two or three peanut butter cubes. Roll until smooth.Place onto the prepared trays. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and peanut butter.
- Bake cookies for approximately 12 minutes, or until firm to the touch, before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Peanut butter cookies, Chocolate cookies, Choc peanut butter cookies