Prep: 250 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 4 hours 45 minutes
Chocolate-dipped peanut butter cheesecake bites with a crumbly cookie crust.
- 300 grams (3 cups) Digestive biscuits or graham crackers, crushed
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 500 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Greek-style full fat yoghurt, room temperature
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- Place cookie crumbs in a large mixing bowl. Melt butter in the microwave, then pour over the cookie crumbs and mix well. It should resemble wet sand. Place crumbs into your prepared pan and press down gently to form one even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Next, add your cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth and creamy. Add your caster sugar and vanilla and beat again. Then add your eggs, one at a time, until combined. Then stir in your greek yogurt. Finally add the peanut butter and stir until smooth but try not to over mix.
- Pour your cheesecake filling over your crust and smooth over the top. Bake in the oven for approximately 35 minutes or until it no longer wobbles in the middle. Try not to over bake it as it will continue to cook as it cools. Leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar for at least one hour.
- Remove and leave to cool slightly on a cooling rack before transferring to the fridge. The cheesecake is best left in the fridge for 3-4 hours (or overnight) until it cools completely and becomes nice and firm before slicing.
- Melt your dark chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth. Stir through the oil. Carefully chop the cheesecake into squares and then dip each one in the chocolate and set aside for a few minutes to set.
Serving Size: 1 bar Calories: 500
Category: CheesecakeCuisine: American