A delicious no bake Chocolate Mousse Cake.
- 200 grams (approximately 20) Oreo cookies
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 600 ml (2 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream, plus extra for decorating
- Fresh raspberries, for decorating
- Lightly grease a 9 inch springform baking tin with a little butter and set aside.
- Add Oreo cookies (cream filling and all) to a food processor and blend until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt butter in the microwave and pour over your crushed Oreos and whiz again the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour Oreo mixture into your prepared tin and press down gently to form an even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Place chocolate in a large heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Leave for a few minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, use an electric mixer to beat cream until stiff peaks form*. Gently fold cream into melted chocolate until smooth and combined. Pour over cookie crust. Place in the refrigerate to set for at least 4-6 hours or even better, overnight.
- To serve, decorate with extra whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Serve cold.
*To check if your cream is whipped – you should be able to tip the bowl upside down with any cream moving.
Keywords: Chocolate cake, Mousse cake, Chocolate mousse cake