Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with a touch of cinnamon, a handful of hearty oats and plenty of sticky raisins.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 105 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 100 grams (1 cup) whole rolled oats
- 120 grams (3/4 cup) raisins or sultanas
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat just until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and beat again until a soft cookie dough forms. Finally, add rolled oats and raisins and mix using a spatula. Cookie dough will be thick and sticky.
- Scoop cookie dough, approximately one heaped tablespoon, and place on prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave cookies to cool slightly before gently moving to a wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature.
Thicker cookies: If you prefer a thicker cookie, add an extra 25 grams (1/4) of oats.