Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with a touch of cinnamon, a handful of hearty oats and plenty of sticky raisins.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 105 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 grams (1 cup) whole rolled oats
- 120 grams (3/4 cup) raisins
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides.
- Add sifted flour, baking soda and cinnamon and stir using a wooden spoon. Add the rolled oats and the raisins and mix through.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Leave cookies to cool before gently moving to a wire rack to cool completely. They will be quite fragile until they cool completely so be patient! Then enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 242
Keywords: Oatmeal, Cookies, Rolled Oats, Raisins,