An irresistible Blueberry Bread made with olive oil, lemon and fresh blueberries.
- 155 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or cornflour*
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest of one lemon
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line a 9 x 5 inch rectangular loaf pan with baking or parchment paper.
- Add 1 cup blueberries (set aside remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries) and cornflour to a small bowl and mix until blueberries are coated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add olive oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs, lemon juice and zest. Whisk briefly to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder and yogurt. Gently mix with a wooden spoon until combined – but be careful not to over mix.
- Add roughly 1/2 of your batter to prepared tin. Then add the coated blueberries to the remaining batter and gently mix through, before adding mixture to prepared tin. Press extra blueberries on top.
- Bake loaf for approximately 45-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. If you find the top of your loaf is browning too much, simply add a piece of alfoil over the top towards the end of cooking.
*If you don’t have cornstarch or cornflour, use 1 tablespoon of plain flour.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 371
Keywords: Blueberry Lemon Bread, Blueberry Cake, Olive Oil Cake