Prep: 40 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutes
Black Forest Skillet Brownie served with chocolate whipped cream and fresh cherries.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 105 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup pitted sour cherries
- 250 ml (1 cup) whipped cream
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk chocolate, pieces
- Fresh cherries to serve, optional
- Grab your 8 inch skillet. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- Place butter and dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place in the microwave. Heat, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Next, add sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and stir. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring in between. Finally, add the flour and cocoa powder and stir until the brownie mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, drain your cherries (but don’t rinse) and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut cherries in half. Add cherries to brownie batter and stir. Pour batter into your skillet.
- Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until top is crinkly and no longer wobbles in the middle. Leave to cool.
- Once the brownie has cooled, melt milk chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Top brownie with whipped cream, drizzle over melted chocolate and add a few fresh cherries on top. Grab a spoon and dive right in!
Cherries: You can use pitted canned cherries or those in a jar. You can also use fresh cherries if you prefer, but you will have to pit them.
Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 374 Sugar: 23.4 g Sodium: 30.7 mg Fat: 22.8 g Carbohydrates: 38.4 g Protein: 5.3 g Cholesterol: 69.1 mg
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American