Buttery banana bread filled with sultanas and coconut.
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut, plus extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large overripe bananas
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (350 F). Grease and line a 8 x 4 inch loaf tin with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder and the sultanas together.
In a separate bowl, add the oil, egg, yogurt and vanilla and lightly whisk. Mash the bananas well with a fork. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, along with the mashed banana and gently fold until just combined. Pour into the prepared tray, sprinkle with a little shredded coconut and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes to an hour or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
*At the 30 minute mark, I covered my loaf with a piece of alfoil to ensure the top didn’t brown too much while the inside was still cooking.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 254
Keywords: Banana, Bread, Coconut