Best ever White Chocolate Cheesecake made from scratch.
- 300 grams Digestive biscuits or graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
White chocolate cheesecake
- 500 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) full fat cream cheese*, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or corn starch
- 150 grams good quality white chocolate, melted
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate, finely chopped
- 250 grams (2 cups) fresh raspberries, to decorate
- Icing or powdered sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170 C (340 F) standard / 150 C (300 F) fan-forced. . Line the bottom of an 8 inch springform pan with baking or parchment paper.
- Add cookies to a food processor and whiz until finely crushed. Place crumbs in a large mixing bowl. Melt butter in the microwave, then pour over cookie crumbs and mix well. It should resemble wet sand.
- Place wet crumbs in your prepared pan and press down gently to form one even layer. Use the back of a spoon to smooth crumbs. Pop in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese (make sure it’s at nice and soft) to a large mixing bowl and beat for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add sugar and vanilla and beat again. Then add eggs, one at a time, beating on a low speed until incorporated.
- Add sour cream, cornflour and melted chocolate and stir until smooth –but try not to over mix. Add white chocolate chunks.
- Pour cheesecake filling over cookie crust and smooth the top. Bake in the oven for approximately 35-40 minutes or until it no longer wobbles in the middle. Try not to over bake it as it will continue to cook as it cools. Leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar (with the oven turned off) for at least one hour.
- Remove cheesecake and leave to cool at room temperature before transferring to the fridge. The cheesecake is best left in the fridge for 3-4 hours (or overnight) until it cools completely and becomes nice and firm before slicing.
- To serve, top with fresh raspberries and dust with icing sugar.
*Be sure to use a block of full fat cream cheese (not light or fat free or the spreadable kind.)