Prep: 25 minutesCook: 18 minutesTotal: 43 minutes
Soft bakery-style muffins filled to the brim with raspberries and white chocolate.
- 350 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 3 level teaspoons baking powder
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 240 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) white chocolate, chopped
- 100 grams (1 cup) frozen raspberries*
- Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F) standard / 180 C (350 F) fan-forced. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan well with butter or olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and sugar and whisk briefly. In a separate small bowl, add oil, vanilla and eggs whisk briefly just to break up the egg yolks.
- Make a well in the middle of your dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients, along with the buttermilk. Very gently fold the mixture using a wooden spoon.
- Add raspberries and white chocolate pieces. Fold until the mixture is just combined – be careful not to over mix or your muffins will be tough.
- Spoon out the mixture into your prepared tin. Bake for 5 minutes before turning down the heat to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced and bake for a further 13-15 minutes or golden brown on top and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
*You can use fresh raspberries if you like.
Serving Size: 1 muffin Calories: 325
Category: MuffinsCuisine: American