Deliciously easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies made without butter or eggs.
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) coconut oil, melted*
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 115 grams (3/4 cup) vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two oven or cookie trays with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted coconut oil, brown sugar, caster sugar, vanilla and almond milk. Whisk together briefly.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir until a wet cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips and stir. Mixture will look quite wet and oily – this is ok.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of cookie dough at a time and place on prepared cookie trays. It’s easiest to do this using a cookie scoop or similar, as the mixture will be too wet to roll with your hands.
- Bake cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Enjoy fresh straight out of the oven.
I really don’t recommend making any changes to this recipe. The ingredients have been carefully selected and tested to ensure these cookies work. Changing the sugar content, the oil or the milk will change the shape, colour and texture of the cookies.
*Coconut oil: Make sure your coconut oil is melted. You can just pop it in the microwave for 10 seconds to melt.