Golden baked cookie filled with gooey caramel and milk chocolate, just like Twix bars!
- 100 grams (1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) caramel sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) milk chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add vanilla and egg and beat until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Sift in flour and baking soda and stir using a wooden spoon or spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and chill cookie dough for AT LEAST 1 hour.
- Grease a mini muffin tin with butter or a quick spray of cooking oil and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F).
- Using your hands, roll level tablespoons of dough into small balls and place each one into mini muffin tin. Continue until you run out of dough and have filled approximately 20 mini muffin holes.
- Gently press down so the dough fills the cavity and has a flat top. Then grab a rolling pin dusted with flour and press down and twist on top of the dough to create a hole or cavity in the middle of each cookie.
- Place tray in the oven for approximately 8-10 minutes or until cookies turn golden brown. At this point, the cookies will have puffed up quite a bit, so grab your rolling pin again and very gently reinforce the hole in the middle of each cookie. Leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Then gently remove the cookies from the tray and place them onto a wire rack to cool. It’s ok if the cookies appear really soft, especially in the middle, as they will firm up when they cool.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spoon a teaspoon of caramel sauce into each one. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and then spoon a teaspoon of chocolate over the caramel. Leave chocolate to set.
Once you have added the filling, these cookie cups are best enjoyed straight away but the cookie cups themselves will keep for at least three days in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie cup
- Calories: 141
Keywords: Twix Cookies, Cookie Cups, Caramel Cookie Cups