Prep: 30 minutesCook: 14 minutesTotal: 44 minutes
Thick and chewy Tahini Cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 80 grams (1/3 cup) tahini*
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 35 grams (1/4 cup) sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two oven trays or cookie sheets with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars. Beat together using an electric mixer until combined and creamy – roughly 1-2 minutes.
- Add tahini and honey and mix briefly just to combine. Finally, add flour and baking powder. Mix briefly until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop out balls of cookie dough (roughly 1.5 tablespoons of dough each) and roll them smooth using the palms of your hands.
- On a small plate, combine the sesame seeds and brown sugar. Roll each ball of cookie dough in the sesame seed sugar until generously coated. Then flatten each cookie (they should be roughly 1/2 inch thick) as these cookies won’t spread much in the oven.
- Place cookies on prepared oven trays. Bake cookies for approximately 12-14 minutes or until they have turned slightly golden and puffed up slightly.
- Take them out of the oven and leave them on the oven trays to cool completely. They will deflate slightly as they cool and firm up.
*Tahini: I tested this recipe using Achva Tahini (100% sesame seeds).
Category: CookiesCuisine: Australian