No bake Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Icebox Cake with two layers of Oreo cookies and a luscious cheesecake filling made with real chocolate.
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 500 ml (2 cups) whipped cream
- 280 grams (approximately 38) Oreo biscuits
- 240 ml (1 cup) milk
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cups) whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar or powdered sugar
- 10 Oreos biscuits
- Prepare a 9 inch round spring form baking tin by greasing the bottom with a tiny bit of butter (this is optional). In a large mixing bowl, beat your cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add your vanilla and sugar and beat to combine. Melt your chocolate in the microwave and stir until smooth, leave to cool slightly. Then add your chocolate to your cream cheese and mix together. Finally, fold through your whipped cream.
- To assemble, simply dunk each Oreo in your milk (for around 2-3 seconds) and then arrange in a single layer across the bottom of your cake tin. Don’t worry too much about any gaps. Then pile on half of your chocolate cheesecake mixture and spread it across the cookies in one even layer.
- Repeat with another layer of Oreos, dunking and then layering them on top of the chocolate cheesecake. Then add the remaining chocolate cheesecake and smooth it out to form an even layer. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 8 hours or even better, overnight.
- To decorate, place your extra whipped cream in a large mixing bowl. Then sift in the icing or powdered sugar and the cocoa powder and gently fold through. Pop your chocolate cream in a piping bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe swirls along the edges. Halve 6 of the Oreos and place in between the chocolate swirls.
- Before serving, remove the cream filling from your extra 4 Oreo cookies and crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Gently run a butter knife around the edge of your cake tin and remove the side of the tin. Sprinkle over the Oreo crumbs. Cut and serve.
Note: You can eat this cake after 4-6 hours but the cookie won’t be completely soft – still delicious though!
- Serving Size: 1 slice of cake
- Calories: 375
Keywords: Chocolate, Cake, Icebox, Oreo, Dessert