Prep: 20 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour
Gooey, fudge Nutella brownies topped with swirls of caramel and crushed salty pretzels.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) Nutella
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams (2/3 cup) plain flour
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) caramel sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 60 grams (1 cup) Pretzels, broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides of the paper overhang.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted.
- Add Nutella and stir until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla and stir. Add the eggs, one at a time and stir. Then sift in the flour and stir until the brownie mixture is smooth. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tin.
- Pour caramel sauce all over the top and gently swirl into the brownie batter using a butter knife. Press pretzel pieces on top.
- Bake the brownie for about 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. It should have a nice cracked top and no longer wobble in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 brownie Calories: 293
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American