A creamy no bake Key Lime Pie topped with whipped cream.
- 250 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) store bought cookies*, broken into pieces
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream*
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- Lime zest, to decorate
- Add cookies to a food processor or blender and whiz until finely crushed. Add melted butter and mix well. Pour crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate. Press down firmly to form a crust and place in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth. Add condensed milk and lime juice and beat briefly until combined. Finally, add cream and beat for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thick and creamy.
- Pour lime mixture over crust and smooth top. Place in the fridge for at LEAST 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
- Place cream in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until cream is whipped. Cover key lime pie with cream. Scatter over lime zest. Cut and serve.
*I use Digestive biscuits, but you can use graham crackers or Arnott’s Granitas.
*Just be sure to use a cream that’s suitable for whipping as this is what gives the filling its stability. Here in Australia, it’s called thickened cream. Look for a high-fat cream (at least 35% fat) that clearly states it’s suitable for whipping. Do not use a light or low-fat version.