A creamy no bake cheesecake filled with Mini Eggs.
- 300 grams (approximately 3 cups) Digestive biscuits or graham crackers*, broken into pieces
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 500 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) full fat cream cheese, softened
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 360 ml (1 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 150 grams (1 cup) Mini Egg Easter eggs, roughly chopped
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark or milk chocolate, grated
- 240 ml (1 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate, grated
- Line the base of an 8 or 9 inch springform pan with baking or parchment paper.
- Add cookies to a food processor and whiz until finely crushed. Melt your butter in the microwave, then pour over the cookie crumbs and mix well. It should resemble wet sand.
- Place your crumbs into your prepared pan and press down gently to form one even layer. Pop in the fridge.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and vanilla to a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add cream and beat with an electric mixer for 3-5 minutes until mixture combines and thickens slightly.
- Add chopped Mini Eggs and grated chocolate. Beat briefly on low speed until combined.
- Spoon cheesecake mixture over cookie crust and gently smooth the top. Pop back into the fridge for at least 6 hours, or even better, overnight.
- To serve, beat cream until whipped using an electric mixer or a whisk. Add to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Pipe cream around the edges. Sprinkle grated chocolate on top.
Any plain sweet store bought biscuits or cookies will work fine.
Keywords: No bake cheesecake, Easter cheesecake, Mini Egg cheesecake