Prep: 75 minutesCook: 14 minutesTotal: 1 hour 29 minutes
Thick and chewy Maple Cookies filled with pecans and white chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, cold (straight from the fridge)
- 190 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) good quality maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 280 grams (2 cups) plain or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 85 grams (3/4 cup) pecans, roughly chopped
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, add cold butter, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until just combined. Add maple syrup and egg. Beat again on a low speed until combined – but try not to over mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and beat on a low speed until soft cookie dough forms. Add pecans and white chocolate and beat briefly. Chill cookie dough in the fridge for AT LEAST 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Scoop out cookie dough, roughly 2 tablespoons per cookie, and place on prepared oven trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle warm cookies with sea salt. Leave cookies to cool for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Category: CookiesCuisine: American