Slice and bake Shortbread Cookies filled with M&M candy.
- 230 grams (1 cup / 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 280 grams (2 cups) plain flour
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) mini M&M candy
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy. Add sugar, vanilla extract and flour and beat briefly until a soft cookie dough forms. Stir through mini M&M’s.
- Place the dough on a piece of baking or wax paper and use your hands to mould the dough into a long circular roll. Roll the dough in the baking paper and squeeze the ends shut (like a paper covered lolly) or cover with cling wrap. Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.*
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Use a large knife to cut cookies into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place cookie dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake cookies for approximately 12-14 minutes or until golden on the edges. Leave to cool completely.
*If you would like to bake these cookies at a later date, you can place the cookie dough in the freezer. Simply let it thaw for 15-30 minutes or until it’s easy to cut the cookie into slices. Then bake as per above.