Prep: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
Delicious no bake Peanut Butter Balls dipped in dark chocolate.
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter, plus extra for drizzling
- 190 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 250 grams (1 and 2/3 cup) dark or milk chocolate*
- Line a large baking tray with baking or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and peanut butter. Mix briefly until smooth and creamy.
- Add icing sugar and mix until a soft dough forms. Scoop small tablespoons of peanut butter mixture and roll into a smooth ball using your hands. Place on prepared tray. Repeat util you have roughly 18 truffles. Place truffles in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Break up chocolate into small pieces and place in a small microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Dip each peanut butter ball into the chocolate, one at a time, and use a fork to get slowly lift them out. Gently shake off excess chocolate and place truffles on prepared tray. Pop in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Add a few tablespoons of peanut butter to a small bowl and microwave 20 seconds or so, until melted and smooth. Drizzle peanut butter over truffles.
- *I use a mix of both milk and dark chocolate.
- I recommend using a regular store-bought peanut butter for this recipe, rather than a ‘natural’ healthy peanut butter.
- If you find your peanut butter balls are too soft to roll, it may be because your butter was too soft. Simply leave the peanut butter mixture in the fridge for 30 more minutes – or even pop it in the freezer to firm up.
Serving Size: 1 truffle Calories: 187
Category: DessertCuisine: America