Soft and tender lemon loaf drizzled with a sweet sugar glaze.
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil*
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Zest of one lemon
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) greek yoghurt
- 125 grams (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease and line a 9 x 5 inch rectangular loaf pan with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs, lemon juice and zest. Whisk briefly to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder and yogurt. Gently mix with a wooden spoon until combined – but be careful not to over mix. Lightly stir through fresh raspberries.
- Add batter to prepared tin. Bake loaf for approximately 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. If you find the top of your loaf is browning too much, simply add a piece of aluminium foil over the top towards the end of cooking.
- To make the glaze, stir together sugar, lemon juice and milk. If the glaze is too thick, add an extra teaspoon of lemon juice. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and serve.
*Or a neutral oil like a mild olive oil or grapeseed oil.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 389
Keywords: Lemon loaf, Lemon bread, Lemon cake, Lemon raspberry bread