A deliciously easy choc-dipped gluten-free pecan cookie.
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 140 grams (1 cup) gluten-free plain flour
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) pecans, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two cookie trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add almond meal, flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and pecans and gently mix. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil and milk to the dry ingredients. Use an electric mixer, or wooden spoon to combine until a soft cookie dough forms. Gently roll the cookie dough into balls, then gently flatten them using the palm of your hand to form a round disc. Place on cookie tray. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Place cookies in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Heat chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until just melted. Gently dip each cookie in the chocolate, then return to the wire rack to set.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 213
Keywords: Cookies, Gluten free, Chocolate, Almond, Dessert