Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
A deliciously easy choc-dipped gluten-free pecan cookie.
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 140 grams (1 cup) gluten-free plain flour
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) pecans, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two cookie trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add almond meal, flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and pecans and gently mix. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil and milk to the dry ingredients. Use an electric mixer, or wooden spoon to combine until a soft cookie dough forms. Gently roll the cookie dough into balls, then gently flatten them using the palm of your hand to form a round disc. Place on cookie tray. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Place cookies in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Break chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Heat chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until just melted. Gently dip each cookie in the chocolate, then return to the wire rack to set.
Serving Size: 1 cookie Calories: 213
Category: CookiesCuisine: American