Easy gluten free chocolate brownies with a crinkly top and gooey middle.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) gluten free (all purpose) plain flour*
- 75 grams milk or dark chocolate chips*
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugars and gently whisk together. Add vanilla extract and stir.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring in-between, then sift in the cocoa powder and flour. Stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Pour the brownie batter in the prepared tin and place in the oven. Bake brownies for approximately 30-35 minutes or until they no longer wobble in the middle.
- Leave in tin and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. These brownies are quite fragile so if you can, transfer to the fridge for an hour before cutting into squares to serve.
*I’m aware that gluten free flour may vary country to country, the one I used was White Wings All Purpose Gluten Free flour.
*Check these are gluten free if you are making this for someone who is celiac.