Rich and creamy dark chocolate truffles made with just 3 ingredients.
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) heavy or thickened cream
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- Finely chop dark chocolate using a serrated knife and place in a heatproof bowl.
- In a small saucepan, add cream and place on a medium heat. Warm until cream is simmering (and hot to the touch) but just before it starts to boil.
- Immediately pour the warm cream over the chocolate, cover and leave to sit for 3-5 minutes. Then, whisk chocolate cream until smooth.
- Transfer chocolate ganache to a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.
- Sift cocoa powder into a separate bowl. Once the ganache has become firm, use a cookie scoop to spoon out roughly one level tablespoon of ganache per truffle. Roll smooth using your hands.
- Drop the truffles into the cocoa powder and roll around until completely coated before removing and setting on a plate. Continue until all truffles are done. Store in the fridge.
*If you are making these truffles for someone who is celiac, double check the chocolate you use is gluten free.