Cookie Butter Truffles that are full of cookie butter cookie dough and covered in deliciously rich dark chocolate
- 100 grams (1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4) cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 80 grams (1/3 cup) Biscoff cookie butter
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 35 grams (1/3 cup) plain sweet biscuit crumbs*, plus extra for decorating
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until pale and creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Add the vanilla and egg and beat until combined. Add the cookie butter and beat until completely mixed through. Sift in the flour and add the milk and gently stir with a wooden stir or a spatula. Add the biscuit crumbs and stir. Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least 30 minutes or until it is firm enough to roll into balls using your hands.
- Line an oven tray with baking or parchment paper. Roll cookie dough into smooth balls using your hands and place on the tray. Once you have used all the dough, place the tray into the freezer. Meanwhile, you will need to melt your dipping chocolate. I like to use the stove top method so the chocolate stays warm. Place a small saucepan on medium heat with about 5cm or 2 inches of water in the bottom. Pop the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and place the bowl on top of the saucepan, ensuring the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Gently stir as the steam slowly melts the chocolate and it becomes silky and smooth.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted, remove the saucepan from the heat but keep the bowl on top. Grab the truffles from the freezer and one at a time, pop them into the chocolate. Swirl each one around until it is fully coated and then lift it out with a fork and place it back onto the tray. Before the chocolate fully sets, add a sprinkling of biscuit crumbs on top. Continue until you have done all the truffles and then place them back into the fridge to fully set for another 20 minutes.
You can use any sweet store bought biscuits in this recipes such as Digestives, Arnotts Granita or Graham Crackers.
Keywords: Cookies, Cookie butter, Truffles, Balls, Chocolate