Moist and tender Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake dripping with dark chocolate ganache.
- 230 gram (1 cup or 2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour
- 60 grams (3/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 120ml (1/2 cup) hot water
- 240 ml (1 cup) sour cream, room temperature
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) thickened or heavy cream
- Grease your bundt cake tin really well with butter. Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and continue to beat until mixture is combined and creamy. Boil the kettle and pour out 1/2 cup water and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and lightly whisk.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet, along with the hot water and gently fold with a spatula. Finally, add the sour cream and fold until the mixture is completely combined and smooth. It will be quite thick – this is fine.
- Pour chocolate batter into prepared bundt pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool for about 15 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make chocolate ganache, chop dark chocolate and transfer to a bowl. In a small saucepan, add your cream and pop on a medium heat. Once the cream is warm but not boiling, pour the cream over the chocolate and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently whisk the mixture until smooth. Leave to stand for a few minutes and it will thicken slightly. Then pour chocolate ganache over the top of your cake.
Keywords: Chocolate, Bundt, Sour cream, Cake