Soft and chewy Chocolate Pretzel Cookies dipped in white chocolate.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 13 pretzels
- 150 grams (1 cup) good quality white chocolate, broken into pieces
- Candy canes, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat for a minute or so until combined. Add flour, baking soda and cocoa powder and mix briefly until a chocolately dough forms.
- Roll the dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons each) into balls using your hands and place onto your prepared oven trays. Press a pretzel on top of each cookie dough ball (make sure its firmly on top, it’s ok if you squash the cookie dough ball a bit – see pic below).
- Bake cookies in the oven for approximately 10-11 minutes. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate cookies, melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Carefully dip each cookie into the chocolate, letting any excess chocolate drip off, then place on a wire cooling rack. Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle over crushed candy canes.
Keywords: Pretzel cookies, Chocolate cookies, Peppermint pretzel cookies