Homemade Chocolate Cherry Coconut Truffles packed with cherries, coconut, cookies and chunks of milk chocolate, all covered in chocolate cream.
- 150 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Digestive biscuits or graham crackers*
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 120 grams (3/4 cup) glaced cherries
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) milk chocolate
- 150 grams (1 cup) dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 250 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- Crush your biscuits or cookies until they resemble fine crumbs, either using a food processor or bash with a rolling pin. Add your crumbs to a large bowl, along with the coconut and mix together.
- Finely chop your cherries and the milk chocolate and add to your crumbs. Stir well. Melt your dark chocolate in the microwave, then combine with your sweetened condensed milk.
- Working quickly, pour the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Then carefully roll out your truffles, approximately a teaspoon of mixture at a time, and then roll each truffle in more desiccated coconut. Store truffles in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Any store bought plain sweet biscuit or cookie will work fine.