Homemade Chocolate Cherry Coconut Truffles packed with cherries, coconut, cookies and chunks of milk chocolate, all covered in chocolate cream.
- 150 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) Digestive biscuits or graham crackers*
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 120 grams (3/4 cup) glaced cherries
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) milk chocolate
- 150 grams (1 cup) dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- 250 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
- Crush your biscuits or cookies until they resemble fine crumbs, either using a food processor or bash with a rolling pin. Add your crumbs to a large bowl, along with the coconut and mix together.
- Finely chop your cherries and the milk chocolate and add to your crumbs. Stir well. Melt your dark chocolate in the microwave, then combine with your sweetened condensed milk. Working quickly, pour the chocolate mixture over the dry ingredients and stir well until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Then carefully roll out your truffles, approximately a teaspoon of mixture at a time, and then roll each truffle in more desiccated coconut. Store truffles in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Any store bought plain sweet biscuit or cookie will work fine.