Prep: 18 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
Deliciously sweet funfetti cookies made with boxed cake mix.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) Vanilla Cake Mix*
- Pinch of salt
- 30 grams (1/4 cup) colourful sprinkles
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) white or milk chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Place butter in a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave until JUST melted. You don’t want the butter to be too hot, but just soft enough to stir with a fork until smooth.
- Add sugars, vanilla and egg and stir until smooth. Add flour, cake mix and salt and stir until soft cookie dough forms. Add sprinkles and chocolate chips (if using) and stir.
- Scoop balls of cookie dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons each) and roll them smooth using your hands. Place on prepared tray, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake cookies for approximately 12 minutes or until just lightly golden on the edges. Cookies may look a little under baked but will firm up as they cool.
*I tested this recipe using Betty Crocker’s Vanilla Cake Mix.
Category: CookiesCuisine: Australian