Deliciously soft and fudgy Brownie Cookies.
- 150 grams (1 cup) dark chocolate*, roughly broken into pieces
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) unsalted butter
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 105 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour*
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two oven trays or cookie sheets with baking or parchment paper.
- Add chocolate and butter to a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Add sugar and stir together. Add eggs and stir until smooth. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and stir until a smooth brownie-like batter forms.
- Finally, stir through chocolate chips. Scoop out tablespoons of the batter using a cookie scoop – or simply use a dessert spoon to drop batter onto prepared trays. It will be too soft to roll using your hands.
- Leave room for the cookies to spread as they bake. Place in the oven for approximately 13-14 minutes or until cookies have spread out and cracked on top.
- Leave cookies on baking trays to cool completely before eating – they will be VERY fragile straight out of the oven so be patient here. Sprinkle with sea salt.
*Chocolate: I recommend using something between 45%-70% dark chocolate.
*Flour: I highly recommend measuring your flour and cocoa using a kitchen scale for the most accurate results. It’s so easy to overmeasure dry ingredients like flour when using cup measurements. Too much flour and your cookies will be thicker, dry and not spread as much.