Fudgy brownie truffles made using chocolate cookie dough.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 105 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon milk*
- 300 grams (2 cups) dark or milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- Extra chocolate, grated, for decorating
- Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper and set aside. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter and sugars until combined. Add vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix until a soft dough forms. If the mixture is a little dry, add milk. Stir through chocolate chips.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into small balls (approximately 1 tablespoon) and place onto prepared tray. Gently cover the balls with plastic wrap and then place in the fridge or freezer to chill for at least 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth. Dip each truffle in the melted chocolate, and then gently lift it out with a fork. Give it a little shake to remove excess chocolate and then pop it on prepared tray.
- Repeat with remaining truffles. While they are still wet, sprinkle over extra grated chocolate. Place truffles in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
*Use only if needed.
- Serving Size: 1 truffle
- Calories: 196
Keywords: Chocolate truffles, Cookie dough truffles, Brownie truffles