No Bake Birthday Cake Oreo Icebox Cake – a messy mixture of chocolate cream and Oreos with a whole heap of sprinkles thrown in for good measure.
- 720ml (3 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons icing or powdered sugar
- 240ml (1 cup) milk
- 40 birthday cake flavoured Oreos, plus extra for decorating
- 4 tablespoons coloured sprinkles
- In a large mixing bowl, add your cream and beat with an electric mixer (or by hand with a whisk) until soft peaks form. Remove one cup of cream and set aside in the fridge. Then sift in the cocoa powder and icing sugar into the remaining cream and gently fold through until you have a lovely chocolate cream.
- Pour your milk into a bowl. Then dip your Oreos into the milk one at a time and place them in the bottom of a 9 inch springform baking tin, so they form one layer. Spoon over a generous layer of chocolate cream, around half of the mixture, until all the Oreos are covered – go right to the edges. Sprinkle over one tablespoon of sprinkles. Then repeat with another layer of Oreos, dipping them in milk, and then layering them on top of the chocolate cream. Add the remaining chocolate cream and then add another tablespoon of sprinkles.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours or overnight. To serve, place the extra plain whipped cream in a small piping bag with round tip and pipe the cream around the edges and then add extra sprinkles on top.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 260
Keywords: Chocolate, Oreo, Cream, Sprinkles, Dessert