Prep: 40 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
Baked cinnamon sugar donuts made from scratch.
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) unsalted butter
- 70 grams (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) milk
Cinnamon sugar topping
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Lightly grease a 9-hole donut pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until combined. Add egg and beat again.
- Add half the flour mixture and half the milk and gently stir, before adding the remaining flour and milk.
- Spoon the donut mixture into each hole of the donut pan . Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and melt the butter. Once the donuts are ready, gently transfer to a wire rack. Using a pastry brush, brush each donut, one at a time, with butter and then generously coat with cinnamon sugar.
Serving Size: 1 donut Calories: 226
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American