An easy one bowl recipe for perfect blondies.
- 95 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix-in’s of your choice (see notes below)
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan with baking or parchment paper, ensuring two sides overhang.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter and sugar and gently mix together. Add vanilla and egg yolk and mix to combine.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Fold through desired mix-in’s (see below suggestions). Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake blondies for approximately 21-23 minutes or until golden on the edges and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave in pan to cool for 10-15 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
Oreos and M&M’s: Roughly chop 8 Oreo cookies. Fold them into the blondie batter along with 65 grams (1/3 cup) M&M’s.
Raspberry and chocolate: Fold through 40 grams (1/3 cup) fresh raspberries (roughly torn in half) and 50 grams (1/3 cup) chocolate chips or chunks.
Biscoff and Caramilk: Fold through 50 grams (1/4 cup) Caramilk, gold or white chocolate chips into the blondie batter. Then fold in 60 grams (1/4 cup) Biscoff cookie spread. Transfer to baking pan, then top with roughly chopped Lotus Biscoff cookies.
Orange, cranberry and white chocolate: Add zest of 1/2 orange, 30 grams (1/4 cup) dried cranberries and 50 grams (1/3 cup) white chocolate chips or chunks.