Prep: 20 minutesCook: 18 minutesTotal: 38 minutes
Crunchy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 100 grams (1 cup) rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 80 grams (1/2 cup) raisins
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugars, vanilla and peanut butter. Beat with an electric mixture until smooth and creamy. Add egg and beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides.
- Add flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon and beat until cookie dough forms. Add raisins and chocolate chips.
- The dough will still be a bit sticky but it should be firm enough to roll into balls using your hands. Place the balls (approximately 1.5 tablespoons each) of cookie dough onto prepared trays.
- Flatten cookie dough balls slightly using the palm of your hand, as they wont spread out as much as a normal cookie would.
- Bake cookies for approximately 15-16 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. The cookies will be VERY soft so leave the cookies to cool completely before serving.
- If you can’t find caster sugar, you can use granulated sugar instead.
- I recommend using a processed full fat peanut butter (such as Bega, Jif or Skippy) rather than a natural one – that is what has been used for testing this recipe.
- Please note that plain flour is the same as all purpose flour.
Category: CookiesCuisine: American