Prep: 360 minutesTotal: 6 hours
An easy no bake Strawberry Chocolate Pie with fresh strawberries and an Oreo cookie crust.
- 280 grams (approximately 28 cookies) Oreos, plus extra for decorating
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 390 grams (3 cups) fresh strawberries, plus extra for decorating
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark chocolate
- 600 ml (2 and 1/2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- Add all the Oreos (cream and all) to a food processor and whiz until the biscuits become fine crumbs. Then add your melted butter and whiz again. Give the mixture a good stir with a spatula and then dump into a 9 inch tart tin. Carefully press the biscuits into the bottom and side of your pan as evenly as you can. Once you are done, pop the base into the fridge.
- Cut off the tops of your strawberries and then cut them in half. Set aside. Next chop your dark chocolate into small chunks and place into a bowl. Then heat 1 cup of cream in the microwave until warm (do not boil), pour over your dark chocolate and leave for 2-3 minutes. Then whisk your dark chocolate mixture until smooth. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile start whipping the remaining 1 and 1/2 cups of cream until it resembles stiff peaks. Then fold your whipped cream into your chocolate mixture very gently until fully incorporated. Get your Oreo base out of the fridge. Place strawberries all over the bottom of the pie. Then pour the chocolate mousse on top. Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, decorate top with extra strawberries and Oreos. Cut into slices and serve.
Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 334
Category: DessertCuisine: American