Deliciously thick and fudgy Vegan Brownies made without butter, milk or eggs.
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 grams (1/2 cup) dairy free (vegan) dark chocolate, melted
- 240 ml (1 cup) Almond Breeze Original Almond Milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dairy free (vegan) chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa powder and sugar and gently whisk to mix.
- Add oil, vanilla, melted chocolate and almond milk. Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth and combined. Add chocolate chips and mix gently.
- Tranfer brownie batter to prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Try not to over bake or brownies will turn cakey*.
*I recommend putting the brownies in the fridge for a few hours to firm up – they’ll also turn super fudgy.
**Some reader feedback has been that these brownies take slightly longer to cook. I use a fan-forced oven and mine are always perfect at the 25-30 minute mark. If you are not using a fan-forced oven, you can turn the temperature up to 180C / 360 F. Please note that every oven is different, and if they need a little extra time in the oven, they’ll still be delicious.