Dark chocolate loaded with mini marshmallows, mint chocolates, choc mint cookies and peppermint canes.
- 180 grams (1 cup) mint chocolates*
- 120 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) chocolate mint biscuits
- 2 regular mint candy canes
- 300 grams (2 cups) good quality dark chocolate
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) good quality milk chocolate
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 45 grams (3/4 cup) mini marshmallows
- Prepare a baking tray by lining with baking or parchment paper. Roughly chop your mint chocolates and your chocolate mint biscuits. Crush your candy canes using a mortar and pestle or if you don’t have one, a sandwich bag and a rolling pin.
- Add the milk and dark chocolate pieces to a heatproof bowl. Put a medium saucepan on a medium-low heat with about 2 inches of water in the bottom. Pop the bowl with the chocolate on top, ensuring the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Let the steam slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally. Once the chocolate is almost melted, its ok if there are still a few lumps there, remove from the heat gently stir until smooth. Stir through the peppermint extract.
- Working quickly, add MOST of your chocolate mint biscuits and the mint chocolate pieces (leaving a few behind to decorate the top) and all the marshmallows. Once everything is completely coated, pour the mixture out onto your prepared baking tray and smooth it out using a spatula until it forms one lumpy layer. Sprinkle over your leftover mint chocolate and chocolate mint biscuits and sprinkle over the crushed candy canes.
- Pop into the fridge to set for at least 1-2 hours or until firm. Then break the bark up into mismatched pieces, using a knife. Store in the refrigerated until ready to eat or serve.
*You can use any mint chocolates you prefer, I used Cadbury after dinner mints.