Have you tried the new Oreo Thins? I was super excited when a box of these landed on my desk at work last week. All my co-workers flocked around to see what the fuss was about but I didn’t let them eat any of them. Why? Because I had grand plans for these Oreos. Plans to make them into Cookie Dough Smores Sandwiches.
The result? Hands down, the BEST smores I have EVER had. They are crunchy and sweet and overflowing with gooey chocolate and marshmallow, not to mention the creamy-licious chunk of chocolate chip cookie dough. I just CAN’T.
So let’s talk Oreos. Do you love them? I do. You know that from here, here, here and here. But here in Australia we only have a few variations, vanilla, chocolate, sometimes peanut butter. But over in the States, your range of Oreos is glorious! Mint, red velvet, lemon, ah the list goes on!
Have you tried the new Oreo Thins? I wasn’t sure I would like them because I am a big fan of the Oreo cookie itself but I loved them! They have a great ratio of cookie and cream and don’t get as stuck in your teeth – or is that just me? 😉
And now I’ve found a new reason to buy Oreos. To make SMORES. Honestly, these are the sweetest little treat! So simple but boy, what a flavour bomb! The chocolate chip cookie dough is my tried and true recipe that I have used in my Cookie Dough Ice Cream Layer Cake and my Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups.
It’s really easy to make and is egg free so you can lick the bowl clean! To make these smores, you simply open the Oreo cookie and place a piece of chocolate and a marshmallow on top of one cookie. Heat it under the grill or broiler until soft and then smush it together with the other Oreo cookie that is topped with a nice big piece of cookie dough. Then you must eat it, quick!
Can you believe it’s almost the weekend? I feel like the weeks are just zooming by at the moment! It’s my husband’s birthday this Sunday so I am looking forward to all the celebrations and the cake (let’s be real). And then, it’s a public holiday for us on Monday too – woohoo!
Whatever your plans are, I think you need to make a little ‘smores’ time in there and give these Oreo Cookie Dough Smores Sandwiches a go. I’d love to know what you think! Snap a pic and tag #sweetestmenu on Instagram!
Oreo Thins Cookie Dough Smores Sandwiches
Oreo Thins Cookie Dough Smores Sandwiches overflowing with gooey chocolate, marshmallow and huge chunks of homemade chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Yield: Makes 16 cookie sandwiches
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) chocolate chips
- 16 Vanilla Oreo Thins
- 16 marshmallows
- 16 pieces of chocolate
- Grab an oven sheet or cookie tray and line with baking or parchment paper. Very carefully separate your Oreo thins using a butter knife and set them aside. Next, make the cookie dough. In a large mixing bowl, cream your butter and sugars using an electric mixer for about 2 minutes or until the mixture is pale and creamy. Add your vanilla and beat again. Then sift in your flour and stir with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula. Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a soft dough forms. Then stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into small balls and gently place on top of every second Oreo. On the opposite cookie, place one piece of chocolate and a marshmallow on top of that. Place all the cookies with marshmallows onto your prepared tray. Pop into the oven under the grill for about 5 minutes (keep watching) until the marshmallow and chocolate is just melted. Then sandwich together the marshmallow Oreo with the Oreo cookie dough. Eat straight away.