Prep: 30 minutesCook: 22 minutesTotal: 52 minutes
A giant Oreo Stuffed M&M Cookie Cake with a secret stash of Oreos!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 140 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or cornstarch
- 13 Oreo cookies
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) plain M&M’s, plus extra for decorating
- Prepare your round 9 inch baking tin by greasing with butter and lining with baking or parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 (360 F). In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes with an electric beater or until pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat again until combined. Sift in the flour, baking soda and cornflour and gently fold with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- The next part is a little bit of a labour of love – but it’ll be worth it. Divide the dough into two and press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of your pan. You will need to spread it out with your hands so there are no gaps – go right into the corners. Once this is done, place your Oreos on top of the cookie dough and press them down slightly so they stick. Just make sure you don’t put any Oreos right along the edge as you want room for the cookie dough to go down the sides so the Oreos are completed hidden.
- Add the M&M’s to the other half of the cookie dough and mix through. Then grab small pieces or blobs of the cookie dough and place them all over the Oreos. You will then need to spread the cookie dough out gently with your hands so the Oreos are fully covered. Pop into the oven for approximately 20-22 minutes or until golden brown on top. Press a few extra M&M’s gently into the top while it’s still warm. Then leave the cake to cool for 15 minutes or until you can safely remove it from the tin and then pop it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 336
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American