Want a delicious snack that can be made using just four ingredients? Oh yes you do and I’ve got you covered! This no bake Oreo Cookies and Cream Rocky Road is a treat for all of us with a raging sweet tooth. It’s crunchy, creamy and irresistible!
Best of all, it is made with all the good things – white chocolate, dark chocolate, marshmallows and a whole stash of Oreos. It’s easily customisable to what you have in the cupboard or you could even make it as a gift for your family and friends.
I made this rocky road on the weekend because I’ve been in SUCH a rocky road state of mind these past few weeks. Remember those Rocky Road Chocolate Cupcakes? And my Nutella Rocky Road? And my American Chocolate Rocky Road Ice Cream?
It is ALL things rocky road around here. But this Oreo Rocky Road is something special. We all know Oreos and chocolate are a match made in heaven so it makes sense that Oreos are the p-e-r-f-e-c-t addition to rocky road.
I love cookies and cream. Cookies and cream anything. It is my go-to flavour at Baskin and Robbins and I will pretty much buy anything ‘cookies and cream’. Years ago, there was a new chocolate bar on the scene here called Milky Bar Cookies and Cream. It was a block of white chocolate (my weakness) with pieces of cookie crushed throughout, just like the Hersey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme bar but much thicker. It was made for me!
Then, suddenly it disappeared from stores and you had to hunt to find it. It was always the cause of much celebration when we would find a block at the local gas station or a specialty candy store. My friend from work and I used to randomly find one and bring it in to share, giggling to ourselves about how we had found something so special and so ridiculously good. The rarer it become, the more we wanted it.
But now I’ve made this Oreo Cookies and Cream Rocky Road, I would take it over a pre-packaged cookies and cream chocolate bar any day. Know why? Because it is PACKED with Oreos, no skimping around here.
Delicious big and little chunks of cookie (and the cream filling) in every single bite. So do yourselves a favour friend and create your own slice of heaven. You could change it up by adding your favourite nuts as well but I promise, even with just four ingredients, this sweet snack is not short on flavour.
Four ingredient Oreo Cookies and Cream Rocky Road made with white chocolate, dark chocolate, marshmallows and Oreos.
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 200 grams (2 cups) plain Oreos
- 300 grams (2 cups) good quality white chocolate
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality milk or dark chocolate
- Line a 9 inch round or square cake tin with baking or parchment paper. Roughly chop one cup of Oreos into small pieces, it’s a great idea to crush a few of the cookies as well to create the nice speckled cookies and cream look. Put your white chocolate in a large microwavable bowl. Next, melt your white chocolate in the microwave, stirring in between 10 seconds bursts, until it is just melted and has no lumps.
- Add your crushed Oreos and your mini marshmallows into the white chocolate and give it a good stir. Once all the mixture is coated in chocolate, pour it into your prepared tin and push it out to the edges and gently smooth the top – it’s ok if its lumpy, its rocky road! Pop your tin into the fridge for 1 hour or until your chocolate has set.
- Next, chop the remaining one cup of Oreos into larger pieces, about four pieces per cookie to use as decoration. Add your dark chocolate to a large microwave-proof mixing bowl. Melt your dark (or milk) chocolate in the microwave using the same technique as the white chocolate, stirring in-between 10 second bursts until it is just melted.
- Pour your chocolate over your rocky road, lifting the tin to get it into every nook and cranny. Then pop your Oreo pieces on top, pressing down slightly so they stick. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours or until set. Chop and serve!