Prep: 20 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 32 minutes
One Giant M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie filled with chocolate chips and M&M candy.
- 30 grams (2 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 15 grams (1 tablespoon) caster or granulated sugar
- 1/2 large egg, beaten*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) a mixture of chocolate chips and M&M’s, plus a few extra for decorating
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line a cookie sheet with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add your butter and pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds or until just melted. Add your brown sugar and caster sugar and give it a stir. Then add your egg and vanilla extract and stir.
- Add your plain flour and baking soda and stir. Then add your chocolate chips and M&M’s. Stir until a soft cookie dough forms, then transfer the dough to your cookie sheet. Flatten the dough and spread it out to form one large cookie. Keep in mind it will spread out in the oven so don’t make it too big. Press a few extra chocolate chips or M&M’s on top. Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool completely before enjoying!
- *To get half a large egg, crack one large egg in a small bowl. Beat with a fork and then halve it. The best way to determine exactly half is by weighing the egg. Our large eggs are approximately 50 grams so I used 25 grams of egg.
Category: DessertCuisine: American