Gorgeous Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes perfect for sharing. Soft chocolate cupcakes topped with swirls of creamy Nutella frosting and a Ferrero Rocher chocolate.
Sweetest Menu got a makeover! 💅🏻
In case, you don’t follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you might not have heard the big news. Sweetest Menu has a new do! Including a beautiful new logo! 👆🏻 The website might not look dramatically different, but believe it or not, these changes have taken me months to put together.
That’s part of the reason posting around here has been a bit haphazard the past few weeks. But I got there in the end and I’m so excited to share the new site with you today. Along with these gorgeous Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes.
So for those who are interested in the more technical details, I actually switched blogging platforms. I made the move from SquareSpace over to WordPress. It may not seem like much but because I’ve been blogging for a few years now, there was a lot of content to move. Plus I originally started blogging on Blogger, so I have a bit of a platform ‘legacy’ that needed extra work.
But I managed to move over hundreds of recipes and thousands of comments – which was the most important part to me. I also had to import every. single. photo. MANUALLY. I shiver at the thought – that was a mighty task.
But I did it and I’m so happy I did.
I still have a few tweaks here and there but the website should be mostly functioning as normal. If you see anything weird, please send me an email and let me know! One of the great things about the new move is the new recipe plugin I’m using. It should be easier for you to read and print your favourite recipes and they will all be formatted exactly the same.
The final touch to the new site is my new logo. Do you love it? I LOVE IT. It was designed by the very talented Justine from PopScotch. She was actually my lecturer back in the day when I went to Design College and I’m so glad I’ve kept in touch with her. She is really clever and creates amazing designs, all by hand! She recently opened an Etsy store that does the most beautiful cake toppers.
Another exciting thing that happened this week is I uploaded a video! Believe it or not, video has been on my to-do list for about a year now and I just haven’t found the time. Working full-time and shooting in natural light makes thing difficult, but I found the time and have a few new videos coming soon. You can check out my first one for my popular One Bowl Cocoa Brownies.
That recipe has been super popular so I wanted to make a video showing just how easy they are to make. One bowl, no electric mixer and no real chocolate, so you can make them when you have ‘nothing’ sweet in the house. They’re the best!
Speaking of chocolate, how good do these Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Cupcakes look? I am in Nutella covered HEAVEN. Soft chocolate cupcakes with a secret Nutella filling, topped with clouds of creamy Nutella frosting and a Ferrero Rocher on top!
They are my favourite cupcakes right now. The creamy Nutella frosting is seriously magical and just about melts-in-your-mouth. But I also love the surprise teaspoon of Nutella hiding inside. Add beautiful chocolate cake and you have the best dessert going around.
Beautiful chocolate cupcakes with a secret Nutella filling, topped with creamy Nutella frosting and a Ferrero Rocher chocolate.
- 105 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 45 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) buttermilk
- 12 teaspoons of Nutella
- 1/2 cup (115 grams / 1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups (500 grams) icing or powdered sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 150 grams (1/2 cup) Nutella
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 12 Ferrero Rocher balls
- Chocolate cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with patty cases.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and then add the sugars.
- Pop butter into the microwave for a short burst, 10 seconds or so at a time, until it is just melted. Give it a stir with a fork to eliminate any lumps. In a separate mixing bowl, add the eggs, vanilla and butter and whisk together until smooth.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture, along with the buttermilk and gently fold until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared patty cases and pop into the oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until just cooked through. Set cakes out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Nutella buttercream
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy and smooth and then sift in half the icing sugar. Add a tablespoon of milk or two to help loosen up the mixture. Add the rest of the icing sugar and the Nutella and continue to beat. Add a tablespoon of milk as needed.
- Finally, sift in the cocoa powder and beat until smooth. The icing should be nice and creamy but thick enough to hold its shape.
- To assemble the cupcakes, carefully cut a small hole in the top of each one, reserving the lid. Fill with a teaspoon of Nutella and pop the lid back on top. Use a piping bag and large round tip to pipe the frosting on each cupcake. Top with a Ferrero Rocher.
Keywords: Chocolate, Nutella, Cupcakes, Frosting, Dessert