Chewy Twix Chocolate Slice made from scratch
- 200 grams (approximately 2 cups) graham crackers or Digestive biscuits, roughly broken into pieces
- 20 grams (1/2 cup) Rice Bubbles or Rice Krispies cereal*
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) milk chocolate, broken into pieces
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) butter
- 240 ml (1 cup) sweetened condensed milk
Twix chocolate topping
- 150 grams (1 cup) dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 150 grams (1 cup) Twix chocolate bars, chopped
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with baking or parchment paper.
- Place broken cookies in a food processor and mix briefly until finely crushed. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, along with the cereal.
- In a separate heatproof bowl, add the chocolate and butter and heat in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until just melted. Stir together until smooth. Leave to cool slightly if mixture is hot.
- Pour chocolate mixture, along with the condensed milk, over the cookies and cereal. Quickly stir until all the dry ingredients are completely covered in chocolate.
- Transfer mixture into prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to smooth the top and press down into one even layer. Pop in the fridge for at least 15 minutes to set.
- Melt chocolate for the topping in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, until smooth. Pour over slice. Scatter over chopped Twix bars. Refrigerate slice for 1-2 hours or until set. Cut into squares and serve.
*Make sure your cereal is nice and fresh. I recommend using a fresh box to ensure the cereal stays crunchy and doesn’t go soggy or soft.
Keywords: Chocolate, Twix, Bars, No bake, Caramel