ALL THE PEANUT BUTTER ❤️
These no bake cookie dough bars will satisfy every peanut butter craving you have EVER had. Creamy, buttery, chocolate chip peanut butter cookie dough that is topped with melted chocolate (with a little peanut butter mixed in) and PLENTY of Reese’s peanut butter cups. It’s peanut butter chocolate HEAVEN.
This week has been ALL about the peanut butter for me. I’ve been on a major peanut butter bender and these cookie dough bars are just the start. If you think peanut butter and chocolate are the perfect match, these bars were made for you.
These bars have everything. They are quick and easy to throw together (always a win in my books) and they taste divine! Cookie dough lovers like me will relish the chance to eat cookie dough straight – don’t worry there’s no eggs in this recipe.
And the fact that the cookie dough is peanut butter flavoured and has chocolate chips? Well that just makes it even better. And that’s without thinking about that thick peanut butter chocolate topping – because you can never have too much chocolate right?
Add on a few extra Reese’s peanut butter cups (because life’s too short) and you have a gorgeous no bake bar that is ready for munching. I’m sure I don’t need to mention it but you can chop these bars up into small bite-sized pieces because there’s so much goodness in every bite. And you want to avoid a cookie dough coma, am I right?
I know it can be hard to cut slices neatly once they’ve been in the fridge, so I recommend leaving the bar at room temperature for 5-10 minutes after it has set before you try to slice it. Also use a hot knife, that always seems to help, just made sure it’s completely dry.
How was your weekend? Monday rolls around so fast but I had such a lovely weekend. I was able to get back into the kitchen after not baking for a good week and I really missed it. So I baked up a storm and made a REALLY good mess in the kitchen – the sign of a good day. I tested a couple of recipes and shot a few new ones – including this cookie dough slice!
We also did some more Sydney exploring, making this most of the gorgeous summer weather. We went to Church Point for the first time and also explored a little of the Ku-ring-gai National Park. And to think that we still have so much left on our ‘must do’ list is amazing. This week is Australia Day so we have a four day working week too which is just brilliant.
So if you have any baking time in your schedule this week, make these Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars – they won’t last long. But they will cure ALL those PB cravings I promise!
No Bake Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars
No bake peanut butter cookie dough bars topped with melted peanut butter and chocolate and PLENTY of Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Yield: Makes one 8 inch square pan
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) smooth peanut butter
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cups) milk or dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 150 grams (1 cup) Reese’s peanut butter cups, halved
- Line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking paper and set aside. Roughly chop the butter into chunks and place in a large mixing bowl, along with the sugars. Using an electric beater, cream the butter and sugar until combined. Add the vanilla and peanut butter and beat for 30 seconds or so, until smooth and creamy. Then add the flour. If the mixture is a little dry, add the milk, one teaspoon at a time. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place your cookie dough in your prepared tin and press down gently to form one even layer – make sure you get right in those corners. Then, melt your chocolate in the microwave, stirring in-between 20 second bursts. Stir through your peanut butter. If it’s a bit lumpy, just microwave it for 10 more seconds until smooth. Pour your chocolate over the top of the cookie dough, spreading to the edges. Pop your peanut butter cups on top and put in the fridge for 2-3 hours to set.
- To serve, leave the bars at room temperature for 10 minutes, then use a hot knife to cut through the chocolate. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.