Prep: 50 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutes
M&M Chocolate Peannut Butter Bars. A fudgy and gooey chocolate slice topped with creamy peanut butter ganache, melted chocolate and loads of M&M candy!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 105 grams (3/4 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder, sifted
Peanut butter ganache
- 120 grams smooth peanut butter
- 180 ml thickened cream
- 200 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) good quality dark or milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or coconut oil, optional
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) plain M&M’s
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat until pale and creamy. Add vanilla and egg and beat again until combined. Add flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and stir until combined.
- Place the chocolate batter into your prepared tin, spread out into one even layer and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the peanut butter ganache, add your peanut butter to a bowl. Pour over the cream and the pop in the microwave for 20 second bursts, until the cream is warm to the touch, but not boiling.
- Whisk until peanut butter and cream are smooth and creamy. Pour over your cooled chocolate slice and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds until smooth. Stir through oil. Then pour the chocolate over the peanut butter ganache. Press your M&M’s into the top of your slice and leave to set. Slice into small squares and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 bar Calories: 355
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American