Introducing my new favourite cookies 👆🏻
There’s chocolate, there’s marshmallows and there’s M&M candy! These big and bold cookies are sticky and chewy with a crispy, crunchy crust. There’s pops of chocolate in every bite alongside sticky puddles of marshmallow. Can you even?
This is the cookie that will satisfy ALL your cookie cravings. But be warned, it’s hard to stop at one!
I was sitting on the bus, coming home from work, brainstorming recipe ideas when the thought of a Mega M&M Cookie came to mind. One that was extra big and extra special. Chocolate chips were mandatory of course, but mini marshmallows? Now that’s a special cookie.
You all know I love putting mini marshmallows in my cookies – nothing makes a cookie extra sticky and gooey than a good handful of mini marshmallows. See HERE and HERE for delicious evidence. So I headed to the kitchen to create the ultimate Mega M&M Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Now, there are a few rules you have to follow when making these cookies.
First, you need to make them BIG. I’m talking big, chunky man-sized cookies. I mean, they aren’t called Mega Cookies for no reason, am I right? The second rule is you have to load them up with all the good things in life. I’m talking plenty of chocolate chips and M&M’s both IN and ON the cookies. You really have to – the recipe calls for it.
The third rule is you must bake these cookies for a little longer than normal for a little more crunch and a little more goo. Goo in the form of melted chocolate and melted marshmallows. The best kind of goo. Baking them for a little longer will also help them stay together since they are PACKED with all the fix-in’s.
And the fourth and final rule, is you need to enjoy one of these fresh out of the oven with a cold glass of milk. Can you do that for me? Yes? Amazing. I knew we would be good friends.
Mega M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
You are going to love these giant cookies! These mega cookies are filled with chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and loads of M&M’s.
- Yield: Makes 10 cookies
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or cornstarch
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk or dark chocolate chips, plus extra for decorating
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) M&M candy, plus extra for decorating
- 20 grams (1/3 cup) white mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 160 C (320 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and cornflour and beat until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips, M&M’s and mini marshmallows and mix to combine. Roll big tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Press a few extra M&M’s and chocolate chips on top of each cookie dough ball. Place in oven for 14 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.