Easy chocolate Mars Bar Slice made with just 4 ingredients.
- 350 grams (2 and 1/3 cups) Mars Bars, roughly chopped
- 60 grams (1/4 cup) butter
- 140 grams (3 and 1/2 cups) Rice Krispies or Rice Bubble cereal
- 250 grams (1 and 1/3 cup) milk chocolate, roughly broken into pieces
- Line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, add butter and Mars Bars. Place on a medium-low heat and gently stir until mixture is melted and combined. The mixture will look a little lumpy and won’t ever be completely smooth – this is fine.
- Tranfer mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add rice cereal and mix to combine – working quickly.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Use the back of a spoon to press the mixture into one even layer. Pop in the fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, melt milk chocolate in the microwave until melted and smooth. Pour over slice and smooth out into one even layer. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set. Slice into small squares to serve.
Mars Bars: Mars Bars are a store bought chocolate bar with a layer of nougat and caramel. Much like a Snickers Bar (without the peanuts) or similar to a Milky Way in America. You can try this recipe with different candy bars but I can’t guarantee the results as I have tested it with Mars Bars only.
Rice cereal: Always use a fresh box of Rice Krispies or Rice Bubbles. This will make sure they stay nice and crunchy. If they are not fresh, they will go soggy and taste stale when you add moisture (like chocolate) to them.