Prep: 30 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutes
This Lemon Strawberry Skillet Cake boasts a soft, tender crumb with a hint of lemony tang and a whole host of fresh strawberries. Sweet fruity goodness.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 250 grams (1 cup) fresh strawberries
- Mascarpone cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of an 8 inch skillet with a little butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes until it is pale and creamy. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat again, scrapping down the sides if needed.
- Sift in the plain flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gently start to fold the dry mixture into the wet, and slowly add the milk and lemon juice. Once the batter is smooth and mixed together (try not to over mix), pour the mixture into the skillet. Chop your strawberries into thin slices, and place them carefully over the top of your cake. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer insert comes out clean. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 slice of cake Calories: 308
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: CakeCuisine: American